Sunday, June 15, 2014

No Time Off For Good Behavior


I worked really, really hard on healing my bones - anti-inflammation smoothies and horsetail herb tea daily.  I worked up to over an inch of fresh ginger in my smoothie.  I added stinging nettles to my horsetail tea.I wiggled my toes at every opportunity.  I was so excited to get my boot, accelerated pulse excited. The doctor said that my foot looked really good. He said that more than once, but I can't do chores, I can't take my boot off to ride.  I can only walk short distances.  I was so bummed!  You do everything right and you can't get a break.  (Was that a bad pun?).

Isn't that a pretty foot?  Don't worry the little toe isn't bleeding; it is polish that we couldn't get off while the foot was in a cast. 

This recovery thing is much more difficult now that I have more opportunity to move.  I'm trying to be really good and not set my healing back. I'm using the Pomodoro technique - 15 minutes working around the house, 15 minutes rest and elevation.  If I notice swelling, I ice and watch and a TV show (recorded) and work on a blog post.




I can ice my foot directly after ankle rolls, toe push ups, ankle flexion and extension.  Yep, I'm not stopping  my rehabilitation program.
 .
 Even if the doctor says it takes 8 weeks to heal bones, I'm sure I'm different, unique.  Isn't that what we all think, that we are special.  Adding fresh tumeric to my anti inflammation smoothie.  Not skipping a beat with the horsetail/stinging nettle tea. I'm paying attention to any pain and swelling - listening to my body or at least trying to learn how to listen my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment