Sunday, June 22, 2014

Walking Aids



Both sets of wheels waiting for me to roll. Alan keeps the ATV fueled and I park it right by the south patio.  I can only walk short distances even though I am out of a cast and in a boot.  So I drive the ATV to the garden and walk to the bed on which I am working.  Then I sit down on a stool to work.  Big learning - do not stand and pull weeds.  That causes random pains in the ball of the foot and scares the daylights out of me..




Finally figured out how to elevate and ice my foot.  After 5 weeks I'm learning how to deal.











I got to ride and garden this weekend, life is good with Alan.  He has been working so hard to clean up the garden.  After 5 weeks of neglect, I have lambs quarter in the garden house taller than I am, that is 5 ft. 71/2 in.  I used to be 5 ft. 8 in. and the lambs quarter was taller than that.

Alan went to riding lessons with me as well to help me mount and dismount.  Two more lessons in a boot and then hopefully things will be back to normal.  I am learning a lot riding with no stirrups

No comments:

Post a Comment