Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I'm in Gluten Free Cupcake Heaven

Chocolate Gooey Peppermint Cupcakes (GF)
Guava Guava Cupcakes (GF)   











I found Gluten Free Canteen while surfing around the internet. http://glutenfreecanteen.com/  First I made her Pie, Oh Pie crust for my Christmas pumpkin pie.  I used rice flour, sweet rice flour and arrowroot starch.  I was unsure during the baking, because it smelled just like rice cooking in the rice cooker.  But the pie was incredible (my husband's description).  By the way my husband does not like pumpkin pie, or at least he didn't used to like it. I made two over our Christmas shut down.

She also had recipes for cupcakes.  I haven't had a cupcake in 1 1/4 years and sometimes you just really need that cakey texture.  I made the Chocolate Gooey Peppermint cupcakes 1st and the next day it was the Guava Guava cupcakes.  Gluten Free Canteen had the recipe for Strawberry Strawberry cupcakes, but strawberries are an avoid for me.  But guava is a diamond supe rfood,  so I made the substitution.  I follow a genotype food list from Dr. D`Adamo that is gluten and mostly dairy free.

Thank you Gluten Free Canteen.  My holiday was extra special because of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment