Saturday, January 5, 2013

Wuuu Whooo!




One of the first things I do in the mornings is check on my plants and turn on their lights. I hadn't had  much luck lately starting seeds.  I was beginning to think I had lost my seed starting abilities or that soil blocks weren't the way for me to go. But those are spinach seedlings started 4 days ago.  Wuuu Whooo!  The package says seed  germination times of  6 to 10 days.  Spinach is a diamond super food for me.





















My indoor garden is doing OK.  Yes  that is a tomato!  I have had several and the taste and texture have been good.  There are tomatoes, collards, cilantro, collards and lots of basil in this garden.

I'm feeling good today because I got the greenhouse refilled with water yesterday.  Getting it ready to start humming.  I hope today to get a bunch of goat poop, homemade compost (yes, I'm proud of it being homemade) and Happy Frog soil amendment.  I need to harvest some vermiculture compost.  One of the trays is overflowing.  Then I'll have worm poo to add to each planting hole.  Oh yes, and egg shells.  Did you know egg shells are 95% calcium carbonate?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment